Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven E Nissen
Dr. Steven E Nissen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cleveland, OH. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nissen is affiliated with Morrow County Hospital and Uh Cleveland Medical Center. Dr. Nissen has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven E Nissen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Attack
- Pathologic Constriction
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Transplantation
- Blood Clot
- Coronary Angiography
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Heart Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Unstable Angina
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Coronary Stenosis
- Heart Failure
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
Showing 5 of 5
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Nissen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Steven E Nissen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven E Nissen in this video.
Dr. Steven E Nissen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, OH.