Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Cook
Dr. Steven Cook, MD, FAAP, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Otolaryngology. Dr. Cook is affiliated with Nemours Alfred I DuPont Hospital for Children, Christiana Care Health Services - Wilmington Hospital and Christiana Care. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Cook has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Steven Cook has the following 10 expertise
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Ear Infection (Otitis)
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Tonsil Removal (Tonsillectomy)
Dr. Steven Cook is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Cook is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christiana Care Health Services - Wilmington Hospital
Ai DupontHospital For Childreninstitute Of The Nemours Foudation
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Christiana Care Health Services
St Francis Hospital
Main Line Hospitals-Bryn Mawr
Dupont Hospital For Children
Dupont Hosp For Children, Wilmington, De
35 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Temple University Health System
Dr. Steven Cook accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNemours Alfred I DuPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Rd, Wilmington, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Cook in this video.
Dr. Steven Cook is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.