Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven P Gellman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven P Gellman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Steven P Gellman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr Gellman is a very thorough doctor who spends a lot of time to ask the questions needed for an accurate diagnosis. While he does not seem very "warm" at first, he is a very caring doctor who has a great sense of humor. My family has gone to Dr Gellman for years and we are very happy with him. He also is great about returning calls and changing medications as needed to help treat symptoms. His medical assistant is also terrific.
Gellman does not live up to the high standards of Coppell family medical clinic. His biggest problem is that he lacks bedside manner. He's one of those people who you'd be put off by if you met him on the street ... Strange mannerisms, flat voice. Seeing him in the clinic magnifies the experience. He's misogynistic, as well. Not much compassion or treatment for pain. I went in with a large abscess beside my lip, which was horribly painful and prevented me from sleeping, and he didn't even ask about associated discomfort
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Gellman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1979
Christus Health System
Dr. Steven P Gellman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsCoppell Family Medical Center, 580 S Denton Tap Rd Ste 123, Coppell, TX
Dr. Steven P Gellman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coppell, TX.