Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven P Harris Sr MD
Dr. Steven P Harris Sr has 2 locations
9104 Babcock Blvd Ste 2103
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
1 Saint Francis Way
Cranberry Township, PA 16066
Dr. Steven P Harris Sr has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven P Harris Sr has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
Showing 5 of 6
Very knowledgable.Good bedside manner.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven P Harris Sr - Posted on May 26th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven P Harris Sr - Posted on September 28th, 2011
One awesome physician and man!Brilliant, kind, thoughtful, thorough, personable, attention to detail, spends time, answers questions, knows fully what he is talking about!Took my chest pain symptom, and ruled out CAD but diagnosed asthma. So, I have been correctly diagnosed and am being corrected treated! Yea!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven P Harris Sr - Posted on August 21st, 2011
The best physician I have ever had
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven P Harris Sr - Posted on June 13th, 2011
I would love to clone Dr. Harris as he is exceptional in all regards!Not only brilliant, but he pays close attention to detail, has an awesome bedside manner, seems to really care and provides explanations and rationales as to his decision making. Therefore, that makes me want to cooperate with his medical advice, because I understand why it is important to do so! He will have a special place in Heaven, I am sure.
Outstanding pulmonary physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Steven P Harris Sr - Posted on August 31st, 2010
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1991
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Dr. Steven P Harris Sr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven P Harris Sr, MD - Pulmonary Disease in Pittsburgh, PA, in this video.
Dr. Steven P Harris Sr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.