Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven P Schmidt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss
- Critical Care
- Thyroid Diseases
- Adolescent Medicine
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 21
Dr.Schmidt has lost his touch he was very unprofessiinal one day over paper work that he was incompetent in completing properly. Staff is awful except for Marie and the young lightskin man Marco they are very professional.The person at front desk never smiles I have never ever seen a smile on her face or the sister face. Dr. Helzner was my Dr. in the beginning I was under the impression that he was coming back which never happened wishful thinking on my part. This office lacks professionalism no one wears a name tag nor do they introduce themselves in a manner to let you feel welcomed. This office has been like this for years so many of my family and friends have left I should have left long ago still I put up with the crap.
29 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Steven P Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMt Airy Medical Associates, 1909 E Washington Ln, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Steven P Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.