Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven L Posar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven L Posar has the following 10 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Steven L Posar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
When I first started going to Dr Posar, he was kind, knowledgeable & caring. I was a patient for a few years and am actually glad that he retired (or didn't he?) My first visit with my new pain specialist revealed that I was a candidate for back surgery after being told for years that I wasn't. Things that make you go hmmmm.
He summarily provided a diagnosis and treatment prior to the actual examination - and wouldn't change his mind after further examination when the facts completely contradicted his examination. He is one of the most arrogant blow-hards I have ever met. I cannot believe he calls himself a physician or that the State of Indiana allows him to practice medicine. He is an incompetent buffoon. Avoid at all costs - there are much better options in Michiana than this clown.
He was very rude and curt with us. You won't want to consider him as a potential doctor for a family member who cannot speak for themselves. He has no consideration for mentally or handicapped people, the elderly or those with dementia. He is very pro end of life and tries to push end of life decisions. He actually lied to us about the treatment of our family member and what the outcome would be.
44 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Steven L Posar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven L Posar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Bend, IN.