Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Bailey
Dr. Steven Bailey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology. Dr. Bailey is affiliated with University Hospital, University Health System - University Hospital San Antonio, TX and University Health System-San Antonio. Dr. Bailey has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Bailey has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Dr. Steven Bailey has the following 11 expertise
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Stenosis
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Heart Catheterization
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
Dr. Steven Bailey has 3 board certified specialties
Dr. Steven Bailey is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Bailey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Health System - University Hospital San Antonio, TX
University Health System-San Antonio
Audie L Murphy Veterans Hospital
University Health System
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Center
Texas Heart Hospital
35 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Bailey in this video.
Dr. Steven Bailey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.