Dr. Steven Sabo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Sabo?

Posted on August 14th, 2016

First let me say I am glad we live in America where consumers are free to let other consumers know of their good, bad, and ugly experiences with healthcare providers. Unfortunately healthcare is like other businesses which means its quality is not always high. I decided to post this review after hearing similar stories from people I know. It is hard to pin down exactly what the name of Doctors Crittenden and Sabo's practice is. Is it Cuesta Medical, Dignity Medical Clinic at Cuesta Casa, Coastal Communities Physician Network, Pacific Central Coast Health Center, or something new? I had an MRI done and I waited almost a month for the results. I called several times and never got an answer or a call-back. I finally asked for the office coordinator. Almost one month after the MRI I got a call from the medical assistant indicating that Dr. C. said my MRI was fine. That was good news. Imagine how I felt the next day when the same medical assistant called to say she found another copy of my MRI report on which Dr. C. wrote that I need to see a neurosurgeon. In the beginning I was pleased with care with this group. So my husband began to see Dr. Sabo. Things went fairly well for a while even though he and his medical assistant consistently failed to provide ordinary and reasonable services, such as returning a patient's call; calling a pharmacy after telling a patient he/she would do so; electronically sending an Rx to a mail order pharmacy in a timely manner; and returning two calls from a pharmacy about Medicare not covering the Rx he prescribed for a patient just diagnosed with Stage IV cancer. They also failed to call in lab orders and failed to return the call of a newly-diagnosed cancer patient who called about pain. In that case the doctor on call was very caring and concerned and he took action to help my husband, which included telling him to come to his office the next day. When Dr. S called my husband to say the radiologist feels he probably has previously undiagnosed metastatic cancer, my husband asked if he would be able to see Dr. S going forward. Dr. S responded that he is basically a sports medicine doctor and he is busy with those patients. His meaning was crystal clear.

Posted on February 21st, 2016

Excellent doctor who has great knowledge in Wound Care and Sports Medicine. He is not a surgeon so will not press you for surgery. He listens to you. I am highly impressed with bedside manner

Posted on May 19th, 2017