Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven A Salinger
Dr. Steven A Salinger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Encinitas, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Salinger is affiliated with Scripps Green Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla and Tri City Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven A Salinger has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr Salinger is not my regular Dr, but was the on call Dr last week when my Dr was booked for the day. I was having chest pains and shortness of breath. He did an EKG that was normal, but he said given my symptoms and family history he didn't feel comfortable sending me home, so he sent me to the emergency room. After many tests, it turned out they I had a 99% blockage in a major artery (they call it the widow maker) and I had angioplasty and had a stent put in. I was a walking time bomb. Had Dr Salinger not listened to me and paid attention the outcome could have been very different. I am so grateful and so is my family. Thank you, Dr Salinger!
Dr Salinger treats you like he's in a hurry and everything you ask him feels or sea like it's annoying him. No bedside manner whatsoever. No explanations given, no info given, just a quick rush job, he takes a few notes and then bolts out of the office.
Dr. Salinger is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Steven A Salinger accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Clinic, 310 Santa Fe Dr Ste 202, Encinitas, CA
Dr. Steven A Salinger is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.