Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven E Saltman
Dr. Steven E Saltman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fullerton, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Saltman is affiliated with St Jude Medical Center. Dr. Saltman has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven E Saltman has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven E Saltman has the following 18 expertise
- Postpartum Depression
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Psychotic Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
Dr. Steven E Saltman has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
I no longer live in Fullerton and sadly miss my Dr. Saltman. Loved this man.
Dr. Saltman is a wonderful doctor. Takes his time with you and very easy to talk to. He will answer any and all questions and makes you feel very comfortable with him. I would highly recommend him.The downside: Please hire more people to for the phones. It's very frustrating every time I call to be put on hold for minimum 15 minutes before I talk to anyone.
My experience with Saltman dates back to the 1990's, when I was a young, impressionable teen diagnosed with Graves Disease. Being so young (in my teens), much of my recollection of Saltman is him being knowledgable and concerned, but also waiting forever a day in the waiting room to see him, only to spend 10 minutes talking with him. Also, he had this annoying habit of stopping/starting talking into a recorder during the appt. and often, he would page through my records as if catching himself up on who I was and what I was doing there. How many 18 year olds come to see him? Over the years, I stopped going to Saltman for various reasons. This summer, I had a reoccurrence of thyroid cancer, which prompted me seeing him again. All these years later and it's like time stood still!Pros: congenial; smiles and appears interested in your situation; knows his stuff; gives a detailed treatment plan and ensures you understand what that plan involvesCons: wait time is horrendous (like 1.5-2 hours) and always has been; doesn't refresh his memory on your case prior to your appt, so he spends 1/2 the appt going over prior notes; uses this annoying recorder to update the visit, which feels like waiting for someone to get off the phone. In a nutshell, there's a lot of waiting and maybe 1/4 of the time is one on one time. On a sidenote, the current office staff at the office in Valencia Mesa is unprofessional and lazy. Through the walls, I can hear his assistants talking about what they put on Facebook, where they're going for lunch, and other people's business. After your appt, don't look for warm fuzzies from the appointment staff, b/c you won't even get a smile out of the ladies at the front desk. As much as I get exasperated with all of the other details in seeing Saltman, I know I can't go elsewhere b/c his medical competence is top notch.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Saltman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1971
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Steven E Saltman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsSt Jude Heritage Medical Group, 100 E Valencia Mesa Dr Ste 105, Fullerton, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven E Saltman in this video.
Dr. Steven E Saltman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fullerton, CA.