Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Steven C Schachter
Dr. Steven C Schachter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven C Schachter has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Steven C Schachter has the following 11 expertise
- Learning Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Generalized Epilepsy
Dr. Steven C Schachter has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 7
Although my ratings are from when Dr. Schachter was at Dedham Medical, his medical skills were top notch, he was very easy to talk with, very respectful, spent as much time as was needed for each visit and almost always on time. I'm very proud to have been one of his former patients. I wish all physicians were like him.
I am disappointed to learn, by the date of the patient review here, that Dr. Schachter maintains a clinical practice. I was told by him and his staff, that he no longer does. After being his patient for many years, I was forced to go to another physician whom he recommended, that I don't care for at all, and put me through an expensive and arduous work up. If he did not want me as a patient, which would have been unwarranted, he should have just said so. Nevertheless, I looked like either a liar, or a moron, when I tell the other physician that he is doing research at Mass General Hospital and gave up his clinical practice, which I was led to believe. Yes, I would normally say that he was 4 stars on everything with the exception of his office mgr. whom is rude, cold and supports the reason he gave me for not keeping me as a patient. Honesty is important. If it is missing, the four stars are null and void, in my opinion. I don't care for liars.
I have known this doctor since 1985, and can honestly say in my eyes he is THE BEST in his field! He was the only doctor who looked into past records I brought in and actually paid attention to what I explained. In the end he correctly diagnosed me, something no other doctor had done. I have watched his career flourish and am honored to not only call him my doctor, but also my friend.
38 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Steven C Schachter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Ave, Boston, MA
Dr. Steven C Schachter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.