Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven Schechter has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Pain
- Bowel Resection
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 50
1st you can't make an appt for a colonoscopy, you have to be notified by mail from his office the date that HE will perform your colonoscopy..... then you have to wait until 2 days before your colonoscopy to be notified what time HE will perform your colonoscopy...... so you arrive on time for your appt and there are 4 other people with the same appt time as you waiting in the waiting room...... then you have to wait your turn......... my husband had to wait in the waiting room for 5 hours before it was his turn!!!! REALLY??? That has to be the most inconsiderate, unprofessional practice I have ever seen. And you don't dare leave because you've already done the prep and if you walk out it is going to be months before you can get another appt only to have to go thru this all over again. I realize he is a great doctor with a fabulous reputation in his field, but patients have to pay the price. It's not worth it....
Dr. Schechter has been my doctor for about 15 years. I was having lots of pain when I went to him. He is knowledgeable, thorough and treats you with respect. He will see you the same day if you call. He has a good sense of humor and greets you with a smile. You will feel cared for, confident and even if you don't like the diagnosis, he will calm all your fears. I would recommend him very highly and without reservation. That is probably why you have to wait in his office, but it is well worth it, The time he spends with others he will gladly spend with you. And he will also talk with your loved ones if you wish.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
33 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1985
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Steven Schechter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Schechter in this video.
Dr. Steven Schechter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.