Dr. Steven Schechter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Schechter?

Great doctor

Posted on November 22nd, 2017

Dr. Schechter made a very uncomfortable situation as comfortable as possible. He’s personable, spends time with you and explains everything in detail. (Even more than once in my case). I am happy to be working with him.

Very inconsiderate to patients

Posted on November 9th, 2017

1st you can't make an appt for a colonoscopy, you have to be notified by mail from his office the date that HE will perform your colonoscopy..... then you have to wait until 2 days before your colonoscopy to be notified what time HE will perform your colonoscopy...... so you arrive on time for your appt and there are 4 other people with the same appt time as you waiting in the waiting room...... then you have to wait your turn......... my husband had to wait in the waiting room for 5 hours before it was his turn!!!! REALLY??? That has to be the most inconsiderate, unprofessional practice I have ever seen. And you don't dare leave because you've already done the prep and if you walk out it is going to be months before you can get another appt only to have to go thru this all over again. I realize he is a great doctor with a fabulous reputation in his field, but patients have to pay the price. It's not worth it....

need help scheduling patients

Posted on May 23rd, 2015

I was scheduled for 12:30. Waited til 2:30 and still was not seen. I tried to rescheduled and was told any appointment I make, I will have to wait over several hours to be seen because he is a surgeon.

Consult patient

Posted on January 8th, 2015

I went for a consultation about 5 years ago and I found the whole experience to be easy but most importantly I really really liked Dr. Schecter, he was nice, spent time with me and although he could not offer me anything surgically to change my situation he went over my options in depth.

Very good doctor and great person

Posted on February 5th, 2014

Dr. Schechter has been my doctor for about 15 years. I was having lots of pain when I went to him. He is knowledgeable, thorough and treats you with respect. He will see you the same day if you call. He has a good sense of humor and greets you with a smile. You will feel cared for, confident and even if you don't like the diagnosis, he will calm all your fears. I would recommend him very highly and without reservation. That is probably why you have to wait in his office, but it is well worth it, The time he spends with others he will gladly spend with you. And he will also talk with your loved ones if you wish.

Hit & Run Doc

Posted on October 20th, 2012

Dr. is more concerned about his students than than his patient. He never asked permission to bring students in prior to doing so.He is not good at calling patients back. He gives very little information after a surgical procedure and leaves you feeling hopeless.

Posted on April 7th, 2017