Dr. Steven E Schiebel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven E Schiebel?

Not a good listener

I've been taking my 1 yr old son to see Dr. Shiebel since his first well-child visit. Dr. Shiebel is nice enough, but I feel that he doesn't listen as well as he should. He tends to talk over me when I try to ask questions or explain situations to him. He makes assumptions about what I'm about to say and will give answers before I'm done talking. I also feel that he poo-poos me as a new mom. He doesn't really listen to my concerns and doesn't fully explain things or give clear guidance. Because of this behavior, at his recommendation, I put my son on an unnecessary medication for a condition that he didn't have, and caused him unnecessary pain and discomfort as a result of it. My son also ended up with a penial adhesion because his explanation of circumcision care was so vague - This also resulted in an extra appointment that was not covered by insurance and I had to pay out of pocket for. I've tried to ask questions regarding the efficacy of the vaccinations that were being given to my son, but before I could finish asking the question he started spewing information about vaccine safety and why it's better to vaccinate than not, and never answered my question about efficacy because he didn't bother to listen to my actual question. Overall, I have found Dr. Shiebel to be difficult to talk to and each encounter leaves me feeling frustrated and uninformed. He came highly recommended by another pediatrician and I'm really disappointed with my experience with him. I stuck with him for a year, thinking that maybe it would get better, but it hasn't. It is bad enough that I have decided that I will be removing my son from Dr. Shiebel's practice and will switch him to another practitioner in the same office.

Does not go the "extra mile"

Throughout our experience with Dr. Schiebel, he has always been courteous and professional and well-mannered in his communications with us as a family. Although he has never come up short in his duties as a pediatrician, he doesn't seem to focus on his patient's problems except for the 15 minutes we spend in his office (4-5 times). We wait weeks for appointments and upon our arrival we discover that he has not further looked into resolving my child's "problems" since our last visit, never telling us anything we don't already know, although we have remained in touch with him weekly about recurring issues. He has yet to take it upon himself to contact other doctors that he has recommended my child to, and leaves it to us and again waits for us to relay information back to him from the new doctor at our next visit. He regularly asks us to follow up with him after prescribing a new medication, but does little with the information we give him. Overall, a nice personality, but really does not display a desire to get his patient's "problems" solved in a timely manner.