Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven Schwartzberg
Dr. Steven Schwartzberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY, with another office in Brooklyn, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Schwartzberg is affiliated with STATEN ISLAND UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, Bayley Seton Hospital and Staten Island Univ Hosp-Concord Site. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Schwartzberg has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Steven Schwartzberg is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Yelled at my son for touching something on his desk. Suggested I get a babysitter for my sons evaluations. Never gave me a diagnosis after erg, MRI, and multiple evaluations. When I asked why I wasn't given a diagnosis yet he accused me have having cognitive deficiencies as well! Don't go to this doctor! He is rude, nasty and inefficient!
RUDE! Made my daughter cry in his office more than once. She was 12 years old and suffering from extreme headaches. He told her she had migraines and there was nothing he could do because she was too young for anything but tylenol. She cried and we came back for a follow up and he shrugged his shoulders and told her to get used to it. AWFUL WAY TO SPEAK TO A CHILD
Dr. Schwartzberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bayley Seton Hospital
Staten Island Univ Hosp-Concord Site
Saint Vincents Rehab Unit
Maimonides Medical Center
Jacobi Medical Center
Richmond University Medical Center-Bayley Seton Campus
Brooklyn University Hospital
Victory Memorial Hospital
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
Staten Island University South
Sea View Hospital & Home
Richmond University Medical Center
Doctors Hospital of Staten Island
SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Manhattan
34 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Steven Schwartzberg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Schwartzberg in this video.
Dr. Steven Schwartzberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.