Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven A Severyn has the following 3 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven A Severyn has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Back Pain
Dr. Steven A Severyn is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
2.25 hour wait (no apology) for a 15 minute appointment, (no exaggeration:arrived as ordered at 8:45 for a 9:00. He came in room at 11:00, by 11:15 I was walking out the door; shocked to the point of being so upset that I wasn't able to figure out wth just happened) during which he never laid a finger on my area of concern. I think my appointment was sacrificed in an attempt to get himself back on schedule after spending well over an hour with the patient in the room next to mine. Went in for trigger point injections, but he wanted to go straight to an invasive procedure which, of course, couldn't be done at that time. The medical assistant was very nice and that's the only positive note about my experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Ohio State University Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMARTHA MOREHOUSE MEDICAL PLAZA, 2050 Kenny Rd, Columbus, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven A Severyn, MD - Pain Medicine in Columbus, OH, in this video.
Dr. Steven A Severyn is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Columbus, OH.