Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven M Sherman has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven M Sherman has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Steven M Sherman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Says "no appointment needed" but completely untrue. They don't take same day emergencies and you can expect to have a better relationship with an urgi enter than this office. Dr. Sherman is always in a rush to leave the room barely discussing your medical needs, doesn't inquire if you need refill of meds and doesn't bother to discuss education of your illness.
It has been virtually impossible to schedule an appointment with him in the past 5 years since I have been his patient. Wait times have been as much as 6 weeks to see any doctor in the practice. The office staff is rude and unhelpful. I suspect that billings are being inflated -- I was told that I needed to have new bloodwork before I could see a doctor because it had been 2 years since my last visit. I had received no followups during that time.
- New York Medical College
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Steven M Sherman accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Steven M Sherman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jamaica, NY.