Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Steven Shield
Dr. Steven Shield, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Groveland, CA, with other offices in Sonora, CA and Groveland, CA . He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Shield is affiliated with Sonora Regional Medical Center/Adventist Health, Mark Twain St. Joseph's Hospital and Sonora Regional Medical Center. Dr. Shield has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven Shield has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven Shield is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 8
Dr. Shield has been our family doctor for 9 years now. My daughter (10 yrs old) embellishes a little when she's sick so she can go say "hi" to everyone at the Groveland Medical Center. The office is clean and ran by a friendly staff; most of whom have been with the Doc for a very long time. I find it says a lot about the quality of a business and it's owner when there's a low turn over rate. My appointments transpire with the care, discretion, and knowledge one would expect to see when entrusting something as valuable as their health, or more importantly; their child's health to another human being. I feel perfectly comfortable recommending him to friends and family so I thought I'd take it a step further and write a revue. : ) Hope this helps...
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Shield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sonora Regional Medical Center/Adventist Health
Mark Twain St. Joseph's Hospital
Sonora Regional Medical Center
25 Years Experience
Loma Linda University
Graduated in 1988
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven Shield, MD - Family Medicine in Groveland, CA, in this video.
Dr. Steven Shield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Groveland, CA.