Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven M Soberman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Steven M Soberman has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Steven M Soberman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven M Soberman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I had been going to these Doctors for quite some time, however, I have decided not to go back. Such a disappointment! The staff is extremely rude; and incompetent. They cancel appointments all the time; obviously they don't care about your health. They rush through your appointment, and Dr. Soberman is arrogant. I found a new Doctor, and will never return.
I haven't seen doctor Soberman for a long time, but I just wanted to inform people about the time I did go see him many years ago. He worried me by telling me "You have a lot of problems that aren't gonna be solved today!" And then he told me to come back for a certain type of test he needed to do on me, the name of which I can not recall. The staff gave me an appointment for about 2 weeks later. I waited anxiously for that day, and when it finally arrived, they called me as I was leaving for the appointment and told me I would have to change the day as Dr. Soberman was out that day. I became very upset and went down there that afternoon to get my records so I could go elsewhere, and I saw the appointment pad on the desk with his name on it and the patients names that were signing in to see him. I couldn't believe that he would tell them to lie to me like that about such an important thing, but I could hear his voice and noticed the staff were all wearing embarrassed smiles when they realized that I knew the truth.Then they gave me a hard time about releasing my own records to me. Needless to say I have never gone back.
Dr. Soberman is very rude,and at times, makes inappropriate jokes. I would not recommend him. Also, I will not be returning to his office for my papsmear in May. I will find another health care provider. The staff isn't all the great either.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
38 Years Experience
University Of Michigan Medical School
Graduated in 1980
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Steven M Soberman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven M Soberman in this video.
Dr. Steven M Soberman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bridgeport, CT.