Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven T Cox has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 34
Avoid this doctor at all costs! He is unprofessional uncaring lazy and disorganized. He won't even fill a simple prescriptiom in a normal 24 hour period. It might get done 2 weeks from mow. The referral process is a nightmare...I gave them the name address and phone number to doctor I needed a referal for and they print me an uncompleted referrral and then mail me another copy with a totally different doctors name and address on the form. SO AVOID THIS GUY LIKE THE PLAGUE....OR YOU WILL REGRET IT !
I'd give Doctor Cox four stars if the rating were for him personally.But a caring physician who knows what he's doing is bound to be in demand. Which makes it all the more important that his office staff have their act together. And they just don't.I had a medical issue that required me to get an X-ray. He told me at the time that he would submit a referral to a specialist, but not to act on it until after he had a chance to see the X-ray. I didn't hear from him for almost a month, and it took three calls through his office's crappy 'put you on hold forever' phone system to figure out that he wanted me to go see the specialist.Good thing my problem is more or less a minor one ... if I had cancer, those three weeks might have been the difference between living and dying.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2015, 2010, 2008, 2016, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2010, 2014, 2016, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
22 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Steven T Cox accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBanner Health Center Estrella, 9780 S Estrella Pkwy, Goodyear, AZ
Dr. Steven T Cox is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Goodyear, AZ.