Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Steven A Terranova has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Steven A Terranova has the following 7 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer
Dr. Steven A Terranova is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
My first experience and he seemed a little short with me and I felt rushed. I am not sure why but I got the feeling he did not like me. The staff was courteous but I think his attitude was not the best so I will not return . I think it is hard to find a Dr. now of days that you have a good match with and one who does not make snap judgment . He is probably a good Dr. and just overworked .
This was, by far, the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. I went to him in excruciating pain and he basically shrugged and said come back in two months. He couldn't have cared less. He had very little knowledge, didn't refer me to anyone who could help, and spent little more than a few seconds with me. He rushed me out with little concern whatsoever.
I've been very pleased with my care by Dr. Terranova and his staff. His office has worked with me when the need to change an appointment has arisen and, as a patient, you feel as though the staff are actually listening to you when you call the office for questions or prescription refills. Dr. Terranova has taken the time to discuss my condition and offer me solutions and options so weI could make the best decision possible about my ongoing illness. I have suggested him to several friends who were looking for a urologist.
21 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Steven A Terranova accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO