Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven T Thaxter has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Steven T Thaxter has the following 19 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Elbow Injuries
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Steven T Thaxter has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Steven T Thaxter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Just to clarify my eval ofthe right diagnosis. I had an MRI of both my low back and my hip.thigh I felt reasonable sure where the pain was coming from, it wasn't that easy for the Dr. He doesn't live in my body nor did he Know my ability to differentiate or know how well I know my body. Therefore it took quite a while to decide ona treatment plan. I appreciate that he doesn't jump right into surgery and yet he did listen to me and eventually do the surgery because I I felt strongly I knew where the pain was coming from.( I was right by the way0. If I had to choose a Dr. for the same thing again I would choose Dr. Thaxter in a heart beat. He's both intelligent , knows what he's doing but he also listens to his patient.
I was referred to Dr. Thaxter for a second opinion on a ITB issue/bursitis and partially torn ligament. I appreciate his attention and practical approach to my condition. Rather than any surgical procedure or cortisone, we are taking a conservative approach and will follow up on how this progresses.
Dr. Thaxter operated on my knee after another doctor left it worse than it had been before, through a botched arthroscopic survery. I endured pain and a limp for 10 years because I was afraid to venture back to an ortho's office after my horrible experience with a doc in Hanford. But eventually, I found Dr. Thaxter through a friend's recommendation and I am so glad I went in. He not only fixed the original meniscal tear, but also repaired the damage done by the other doctor, bringing my knee back to normal after many years of trouble. Thanks to Dr. Thaxter I can now run, hike, and do everything I used to do -- with no pain, and with my knee never "giving out" on me like it had been. Truly, I could not be more pleased. I would recommend him for any knee surgery. He's a rock star.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Thaxter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Steven T Thaxter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSummit Surgical, 1630 E Herndon Ave, Fresno, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Steven T Thaxter in this video.
Dr. Steven T Thaxter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.