Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Steven J Vacek has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Steven J Vacek has the following 18 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Chronic Illness
- Diabetes Complications
- Personality Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Psychotic Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
- Play Therapy
Dr. Steven J Vacek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr Vacek is personally invested in providing his patients quality care. He takes the time necessary to help each patient and sometimes that causes a bit of a wait to get in to see him, but the level of care you receive is worth every second. Dr. Vacek is the best physician I have ever had. He is very detail oriented, compassionate, and provides very personalized care.
I have dealt with several physicians in trying to diagnose an ongoing problem. Out of all of them, Dr. Vacek has been the one that has communicated what he is thinking, informed me of different possibilities, and has treated the symptoms better than anyone else has. He takes the time necessary to help each patient and sometimes that causes a bit of a wait to get in to see him, but the level of care you recieve is worth every second of it. Dr. Vacek is the best physician I have ever had.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1992
Waukesha Memorial Hospital
Dr. Steven J Vacek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGlen Rose Health Care Inc, 409 Glenwood St Ste 500, Glen Rose, TX
Dr. Steven J Vacek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Rose, TX.