Dr. Steven Welton Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Steven Welton?

Searching elsewhere

Posted on December 7th, 2016

My son has been seeing Dr. Welton for several years. Dr. Welton has no bedside manner and quick with our appointments. No follow-up. My son STILL struggles with depression and Dr. Welton doesn't appear to want to try anything else. He appears to have no compassion for my child or our situation.

Really knows our family

Posted on November 10th, 2016

Dr. Welton has truly taken time to get to know our family and take good care of our son. We appreciate him and his staff.

No help here

Posted on September 30th, 2016

Today I met with Dr Welton. I still don't know what upset him. I had seen him for a sleep disorder and to help cope with anxiety and some bad life circumstances. Steer clear! Feel it is improper for a physician to take notes the entire time they are seeing you and not to engage the patient.

Best Doctor - Very intuitive

Posted on September 12th, 2016

Dr. Welton is highly competent and considerate. He handles issues well and has treated other members of my family. I would recommend him to anyone. He knows his specialty and is up to date on current medications. I feel that I can trust him and continue to be pleased with treatment.

LOW rating for Dr. Welton!

Posted on May 12th, 2016

No rating could be LOW enough! Dr. Welton is rude and talks down to his patients. I had heard that he has a very bad temper, but took a chance on him anyway due to needing an appointment. I should have listened to the "word of mouth" comments from others. I witnessed firsthand his anger issues and his unprofessional behavior. Now, I realize how little he did during the sessions. All he did was write prescriptions instead of trying to figure out what type of meds/dosages.were needed for my child.

Stay far away from Dr Welton and staff

Posted on January 13th, 2016

I do agree that he is rude and dangerous. The front staff isn't going to care about you either. Called just now to get records because a drug Dr Welton prescribed has hurt me and the receptionist was very rude. Go elsewhere!!! There are good doctors in Richmond, this isn't one.

Posted on January 11th, 2016

Dr. Welton is amazing

Changed my world!

Posted on January 6th, 2015

Is Dr. Welton warm and fuzzy? No and that is not the reason you have made an appointment to see him. He is a a master diagnostician and he works very hard to help patients find the best treatment and management solutions for particular illnesses. He calls a spade a spade and asks the tough questions - he is not going to sugarcoat anything and I appreciate that. How else does a person begin to heal? Talk therapy is not his chosen area of expertise but when it comes to diagnosis and treatment, I totally respect him and trust his opinions. I am synical, stubborn, opinionated, and I question Dr. Welton all the time; he chuckles, and he is a great listener. Psychiatry is not black and white, and much to my chagrin, treatment requires trial and error, and a lot of patience - psychiatry is not an exact science, nor is treatment immediately effective and I think often, we as patients and as human beings, seek instant gratification - it ain't that way, and if any patient has such expectations, it is attitude adjustment time! If you truly want to get better, healing requires a strong commitment and hard work, and a very good doctor that is on your team to the finish line - Dr. Welton is that doctor to guide you. And if you find his manner is not to your liking, have the courage to,convey your feelings; he is so focused on listening, and yes writing down information, he may not even be aware that he has offended. I appreciate his focus and he is always well versed and prepared for my visits - if he does not write down, how else is he going to recall specifics? I certainly would not want to be recorded! I think Dr. Welton is awesome, and I am so truly blessed to have found him and I am grateful for his expertise!

Rude and potentially dangerous

Posted on October 12th, 2013

I do not know what the guy is talking about that place a positive review of Dr. Welton. My guess is he is anew patient and hasn't been going to him long enough to find out what he is really like, because believe me it took about a year before I saw his true colors. After a year of going to see him I was having difficulties in making my appointments and had to cancel on more than one occasion. One time in particular I called the office up 24 hours in advance and canceled. He did not get that message and was angry I did not show. He called my house freaking out saying that I can't cancel last minute. I then asked if he was calling me a liar, he quickly got quiet. I think at this point he realized he was way out of line and had acted completely unprofessionally. He stuttered and said I will check with my staff and call you back. He called me back within a half hour and was just as could be, apologizing, saying that he had made a mistake and it was his staff's fault for not passing along the information. On another occasion after I had a severe breakdown I came in for help. I hadn't been there in awhile, partly because of the stress I had been dealing with and had been isolating myself. He immediately became angry because I hadn't been there and didn't try to hide it. He prescribed me a medication that affected blood sugar and had ill effects on High blood pressure. Now the blood sugar was not as big of an issue to me because I hadn't received a diagnosis of diabetes but had been having issues with it, but the high blood pressure of a HUGE problem being that I had been hospitalized 4 times in 10 years with stroke level blood pressure. This medication said that if you had high blood pressure that you needed to tell your doctor. I had no idea of this prior and it was a good thing that I read the side effects before taking the medication. It is my opinion that due to his agitation with me for not having been there in awhile he did not ask the questions that he should have asked and was just rushing me out of there. I do not really know why these questions were not asked or if the medication would have caused me issues, but I have to believe that if the pharmaceutical company found it important enough to list and tell you to report it to your doctor it must be important. Really people you need to look for a doctor who is genuinely interested in your mental healthcare and I must say that in my experience and in the person who wrote the earlier review he is not. People that experience any kind of mental disorder know that you are going to backslide from time to time either because the patient does things to make matters worse or because medications just stop working. The last thing any of us need is a doctor who is aggravated because of it, and does things that could potentially cause a person more issues. And even if he does not prescribe medications to you that could cause issues or flips out on you over the phone, people with issues need to trust their doctor well enough to turn to them if they need help.

Hands Down One of the Nicest and Best Health Professionals!

Posted on January 13th, 2011

Ive been a patient of Dr. Weltons for quite some time now and he has never treated me terribly as the author of the previous comment claims. I had been to other doctors who just threw pills at me during my first 15 minute consultation then collected my co-pay, however during my first visit Dr. Welton spent what felt like 30-45 minutes digging down very deep to find what I needed and I cant thank the man enough for turning my life around. Dr. Welton is a genuinely nice guy who cares about his patients, I would highly recommend him to any of my friends or family members needing to see a psychiatrist.

This doctor is a heartless quack.

Posted on September 25th, 2010

Never in my life has a health care professional treated me so terribly. I was suffering from severe lack of sleep, anxiety and I also have fibromyalgia. I knew walking into the room, he was going to be a quack because he was very cold, didn't even say anything to me when I walked into his office. When I started talking he just wrote everything down, didn't ask any questions, then acted like he had me all figured out after maybe 10 minutes. He then preceded to tell me that I had several mental disorders and that I was "refusing to help myself" and that he was unable to help me... um, why are you a psychiatrist if you can't help someone who can't sleep and has chronic pain? I am doing a lot to help myself by the way - I am taking tons of vitamins, herbs, eating very healthy, and I exercise more than most non chronic pain sufferers I know. At the time I was unable to work because I was in extreme pain. I do not have a mental illness, I have chronic pain and anxiety! At the time I really needed something to sleep and for some reason, this was just too complicated him. After I gave him the list of everything I've tried and my concerns about safety and side effects, he really threw his hands up and told me what a terrible patient I was, how I was refusing to let the drugs work, how I was just giving up. This man had me in tears, after all I was already anxious about seeing him and I wasn't sleeping well! I told him that I would not be paying him a dime and he whined about his precious time and I told him he wasted my time by insulting me and treating me like crap. I got so frustrated I just walked out the door. I have dealt with many doctors in my life (having the fibro and all) and I have never walked out on a doctor like that. I've seen some bad psychiatrists but "Dr" Welton was the worst. And the funny part is, I did find a cure for my sleep issues - turns out holistic medicine is sometimes the way to go. This guy is really just a glorified drug peddler and nothing more.

Posted on October 28th, 2016