Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Steven D Wittlin
Dr. Steven D Wittlin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NY. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wittlin is affiliated with Golisano Childrens Hospital. Dr. Wittlin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Steven D Wittlin has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Steven D Wittlin has the following 13 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 13
I became a patient of Dr. Wittlin's after my endocrinologist of many years retired. I tried to find a new endocrinologist but was met with the "You must do this . . ." I have been a diabetic for 60 years, and these doctors were telling me right off the bat how to live? I have been diabetic longer than they have been alive. When I met Dr. Wittlin, he walked in, offered me his hand and said "We are in this together". I have been his patient for 15+ years and he is always willing to answer my questions (usually I use MyChart). His practice is very busy and I usually see a nurse/practitioner. But the practice very professional, willing to talk until you are comfortable and I would not go anywhere else.
I received my cancer diagnosis over the phone with no elaboration as to specifics of my case. It was impossible to process the information and ask questions on the phone. Between the office canceling appointments and long waits for testing, I wasted two months of time before my diagnosis. I would not recommend this physician to others.
yes, you have to wait in the office, yes the staff is overwhelmed, but this doctor cares. i always get as much time as i need with him. probably why you have to wait .....
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Wittlin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Sackler School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
New York Hospital
Dr. Steven D Wittlin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsStrong Memorial Hospital, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY
Dr. Steven D Wittlin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rochester, NY.