Dr. Steven Zacks Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Steven Zacks?

Proactive doctor.

Posted on June 21st, 2017

Dr. Zacks was very proactive. He made sure I was tested for everything, since my blood work came back so crazy. Turns out I have a very rare disease that he had talked about before, but wanted to make sure, that I really had it. He fought for me to be put into a special program, with new meds just for my rare condition. Also to get these meds for free. He saved my life.

:-) Brilliant but!!

Posted on December 7th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Zacks office by my GI because l soon or later was in need of a liver transplant, and she thought it was time for me to see a Doctor at UNC. My first visit was fine he explained all the steps involved and took all the time that was needed,it does help to get some knowledge in the matter upfront,makes the visit more productive,I can only recommend it.Shortly after I started to receive my appointment schedule for the class and all the testing that needed to be done to be able to get on the transplant list. Dr. Zacks has great knowledge in his field of expertise in my opinion, and I am a patient that was active involved in my treatment and fallowed all instructions given to me,as best as I could and still am . I always felt very well taken care of by him and my Coordinator . All my questions were always answered, and when I needed a quick appointment due to my health declining I had no problem getting one. Sure he can get impatient sometimes ,as mentioned by others, who doesn't at times ,he has a high responsibility toward his patients but at the same time he can also be very patient explaining things to you.I have experienced both and he definitely doesn't sugarcoat anything, but he doesn't give you bad news with the sledgehammer either witch was fine by me I rather be informed anyway , good or bad . To make a long story short my health declined rapidly,I was admitted and Dr.Zacks was left with the task to get me ready for a possible transplant . Due to my messed up blood levels , I was on an inactive level on the list, at the time being . I was no candidate for Surgery,yet I was never scared . I had enough convidence in my doctors ability to get me through this, :-) and since you reading my review I think you can guess what the outcome was . So for my conclusion Best Doctor Ever!!! Many Thanks from a great full patient.

Hep c

Posted on August 18th, 2015

DO NOT GO TO THIS DR.

Posted on January 23rd, 2014

My dad is a pt with this Dr. and this Dr. has been nothing but rude and very disrespectful to my dad. My dad has been in severe pain and Dr. Zacks just told him it was part of his illness and he just needed to deal with it. My dad is never one to complain about pain but his pain has been so severe that he cant even get out of the bed at times. My dad ask Dr. Zacks about if they would check and see if hehad cancer because it ran strong in his family Dr. Zacks said you dont even have cancer so dont even worry about it. My dad is in Stage 4 Cirrohosis and he knows that he is dying and he was talking to Dr. Zacks about it and the dr. didnt even have the guts to look him in the eye. He just totally ignored him like he wasnt even there. Dr. Zacks has done absolutely nothing for my dad . I would not recommend him to anyone.

Poor bed side manner

Posted on December 29th, 2011

I brought my father to see Dr. Zacks for a second opinion and because we were not satisfied with the care we were getting from another doctor. Dr. Za ...

Posted on May 15th, 2017