Dr. Stevie H Mazyck Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stevie H Mazyck?

Amazing

I was pretty scared when I was admitted to the hospital through the ER. Dr. Mazyck was amazing. He spent so much time explaining things to me. I wish he had a practice so I could see him as an outpatient.

NOW A HOSPITALIST!!

Dr Mazyck is now a hospitalist. His primary interest seems to be in making one's stay as short as possible (do not know how hospitalists are compensated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital - but nationally many recieve a base salary with bonus incentives based on how many patients they see - which depends upon short hospital stays to keep new patients coming in as quickly as possible). I clearly needed consultations - however, only recieved them after considerable protests - after Infectious Disease consultation was hospitalized for seven days with IV antibiotics - without the consult, Dr Mazyck was ready to send me home on oral antibiotics on my first hospital day. I would have certainly been readmitted with a more serious infection had I been sent home as Dr Mazyck advised. His examination took about 5 minutes and he literally spent about 2-3 minutes doing a history. He was extremely defensive about any questions being asked - and, had no consideration of what the patient thought. Patient-centered-care was not a priority. He was most disrespectful - and his capacity for empathy was nil. He stood over me - telling me what he was going to do. There was no consideration of my input. I would rate his care very low. Unfortunately, hospitalists at Northwestern Memorial Hospital are without supervision - they are in charge. They do not listen to either consultants or to one's attending physicians - it is a very risky business being a patient in Northwestern Memorial Hospital these days!! Not at all like it was in the past when one's own physician worked with specialists to coordinate patients' care.

Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. Stevie H Mazyck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Vernon, WA.