Dr. Stewart Shanfield Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stewart Shanfield?

Posted on May 6th, 2015

He performed both total knee replacements for me. First in 2009 and other knee in 2011. He is great!

Posted on February 18th, 2015

Such a rude doctor. Would not even look me in the eyes while talking to me! Needless to say, I will never come back to him

Posted on February 1st, 2015

Dr. Shanfield provided me with excellent care. He eased all my fears, explained exactly what he was going to do with my knee replacement surgery and I feel the surgery went well and I'm very appy with the results.

DISAPOINTED

Posted on February 26th, 2014

I saw Dr. Shanfield for a workers comp consult I would not recommend these doctor .

Beyond Amazing

Posted on October 14th, 2013

Extremely professional and listens very closely. Total hip replacement - only 4 days in hospital and on a plane and hiking in less than 3 months. Very positive experience and appreciate Dr. Shanfield's expertise.

Good experience

Posted on August 28th, 2013

Dr. Shanfield was very nice and took his time examining my X-rays. He listened to me and showed genuine concern. I've had chronic foot pain for 10 years+ and no other doctor has been able to find what is causing the pain. He ordered a CT scan. So we shall wait and see. Dr. Shanfield has good bedside manner and I left feeling satisfied with my visit. I would recommend him. Both my parents see him as well. He is highly booked so getting an appt. takes a few weeks. The wait was about an hour but this could have just been a real busy time. The staff I encountered were courteous.

Disapointed in Dr. S's Lack of Professionalism & Rudeness

Posted on December 4th, 2012

So happy to finally see this doctor after waiting to get in for a month. The issue is in regards to my ankle where the screw holding part of the plate in my ankle had come loose and was visable through the skin. The screw can loose after a fall I had and is extremely painful (plate surgery done by another doctor who took a "wait and see" attitude, so I sought out Dr. Shanfield). I'm am pretty much a "just the facts" type of speaker because I know Doctors are so busy, and I had my 3 quick questions written down, again to save time. Unfortanuately, I didn't even get to that because as soon as Dr. Shanfield walked in and took one look at my ankle and said he told me he wouldn't touch my ankle, but wouldn't say why. I tried to ask him what the issue was and he walked out. Extremely unprofessional. Now I am left with trying to get another Ortho to see me asap because the pain is unbearable. I am stuck in a wheelchair because I can't walk on my ankle. I wonder if the treatment is based on the fact that I am on Medi-Cal.

worse experience I hope I never have again!!!!

Posted on June 18th, 2012

I was seeing him for severe problems for my foot when he realized he screwed up on my surgery had 3 with him. He brushed me off and sent me to another Dr. saying for a second consultation. He never called me to see what was going on with my foot I was with him for 3 years too long, I was hoping he would fix the problem. Since then I had another surgery to fix his mess. and still be treated for a problem that really is hard to take of because of his treatment and negligents.

Holier than Thou

Posted on April 6th, 2012

I do not recommended Dr. Shanfield. He is gruff, rude and demeaning. I was told that I would get an injection to stop my pain (one that he had given me before) and at the last minute he changed his mind saying he did not want to be responsible for any infection. It was clear that his concern was for his welfare not mine and I am left to seek treatment elsewhere. I have wasted a lot of time trying to get in to see him and in the end I feel abandoned by him.

Posted on September 9th, 2010

Office staff were slow to return calls for appointments. Knows what he is doing but you probably won't see much of him.

Former golf emploee