Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stewart Van-Hoosear
Dr. Stewart Van-Hoosear, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tempe, AZ. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Van-Hoosear is affiliated with Banner Desert Medical Center, CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center and Banner Mesa Medical Center. Dr. Van-Hoosear has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Stewart Van-Hoosear has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Van Hoosear certainly isn't terrible. However, he doesn't really listen to my concerns much, and he's abrupt when giving shots. I know that kids are generally going to dislike them, no matter how the doctor reacts, but my kids leave the office bawling every time because he isn't gentle or comforting. My son has also had a rash on his feet for the past few months, and every time I ask about it, it gets ignored or we are told that "weird things happen to kids and it should go away". It is easy to get an appointment, and the wait is not very long, but I'm not too happy with the quality of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Van-Hoosear is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Banner Desert Medical Center
CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center
Banner Mesa Medical Center
38 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
San Joaquin General Hospital
Dr. Stewart Van-Hoosear accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions2000 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ
Dr. Stewart Van-Hoosear is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tempe, AZ.