Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stratego M Castanes has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Catheterization
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
A dedicated doctor in her profession that translates to superior customer care. I cannot say enough accolaids when referencing Dr. S. Castenos and I am grateful that I am fortunate enough to have her as my cardiologist. The doctors office is not the place I like to find myself in though in retrospect if it is necessary, Dr. Castenos and staff always make it a pleasant experience. In my opinion, Dr. Castenos has surpassed the 4 star grade of excellence.
Dr. Castanes is a wonderful doctor who takes the time to understand your illness and concerns. She cares for her patients and practices medicine the old fashion way. Was treated by her at the hospital during a heart attack and she will remain my cardiologist for life. My wife and I think she is exceptional as a doctor and a human being. I have seen quite a few doctors in my lifetime and she is the best doctor I ever had.
Dr. Castanes is a rare breed in the profession. She actually cares about her patients. She has an impeccable bedside manner and most importantly, she is smart as a whip and very knowledgeable. Yes, the wait is long, but it is a small price to pay imo. She will take the time needed and OMG she LISTENS!! I have never had the feeling of her blowing me off or disregarding what I was saying. The profession needs more doctors like this! After some horrible experiences with class A butthole doctors, I am so thankful to have found Dr. Castanes. I have NEVER had a doctor like her and as long as she is practicing (even if she moved to another state), I will be her patient.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2014, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
20 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Stratego M Castanes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInterventional Cardiology Of S Florida Llc, 8740 N Kendall Dr Ste 218, Miami, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stratego M Castanes in this video.
Dr. Stratego M Castanes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.