Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stricker C Mays II has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Stricker C Mays II has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
Dr. Stricker C Mays II has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
He was my moms doctor and he was not understanding or listened to my parents concerns. My mom was 41 when she gave birth to me so she was older than most. He put her and two other women on induced labor which was not smart. One of the other women started having problems and he took all of the nurses so my mom didn’t have a nurse in the room when she started giving birth to me. I was hanging by the umbilical cord and it was wrapped around me for at least 30 minutes. Both of my grandma ran to get the doctor and I think it would have been a lot longer if it wasn’t for them. I was diagnosed with mild cerebral palsy when I was 3, 4 or 5 and even though we’ve been told that there could be multiple reasons but I do think if we had a nurse and he didn’t induce labor on all 3 women I feel like I probably wouldn’t have all the health problems I have. We sadly couldn’t prove that it was the cause but birth trauma is a very common cause in a lot of cases.
The first time I saw him was before surgery. He told me my uterus was useless and I'd never have children. Put me on Lupron so he could "attempt" to do a myomectomy but basically threatened to give me a hysterectomy at age 24 if things got too hard for him. Thank God I went for a second opinion, I'll be delivering a healthy baby girl in March 2018. He's a butcher.
After 13 years, still upset. By all means, ladies, if you want to be castrated, go to Dr. Mays. My uterus was enlarged but I had two perfectly good ovaries he took out of me to make it easier for him and his work. Then I had to wait several weeks after and had to nag him into letting me get on HRT. Pain, misery, insomnia, low energy, no sex drive after this surgery is my life. I was stupid to listen to him without obtaining a second opinion. I feel he should have tried to clean in and around my uterus and remove some polyps on my tubes before going the "castration" route.
36 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Stricker C Mays II accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCharles Wayne Mcfatter Md, 131 E Redstone Ave Ste 109, Crestview, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stricker C Mays II, MD - Gynecology in Crestview, FL, in this video.
Dr. Stricker C Mays II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Crestview, FL.