Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stuart K Alexander has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Stuart K Alexander has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Stuart K Alexander has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 28
He was at Sherman location for a min but after third visit he said he wouldn't be there any longer they was shutting that office down so he referred by me to another doctor in McKinney I hated to lose him I loved him and his staff ,I'm going to drive to make another appt with him. He was caring and explained everything to me .
Dr Alexander is a complete psychopath. His staff are little better! In fact, his male nurse may try to start a fight with you, whether you are a man or a woman! He acts like he is coming down from cocaine and he is paranoid, hateful, and totally unprofessional! I would not see this doctor for all the money in China! In fact, after the first time, I dreaded going back. If you are ever referred to this guy, please find someone else. He does not care about his patients and has his staff treat you like a dog, and no better! He only wants your money. You are nothing to him.
I have been a RN for 23 years and had the opportunity to work with Dr. Stuart Alexander for 6 months or so. His patients loved him. He went above and beyond to make sure the right test were ordered, the right meds were prescribed, the patient was well informed and communicated. He always gave instructions which were understandable and the patients were always given time to ask questions and get respectful and clear answers. One of the best overall physicians I have worked with.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Stuart K Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMission East Dallas, 2914 Oates Dr, Dallas, TX
Dr. Stuart K Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.