Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Stuart R Atkin has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Stuart R Atkin has the following 1 expertise
Showing 1 of 9
He knows i have a bad reaction to sedation to the point where i wheeze and need breathing treatments but he still forced me to have anesthesia anyway. He said he could fix whatever problem i had and i really needed this procedure so i said yes and i ended up at the facility for way longer than i was suppose to be there for. The nurses took good care of me though. Thank god for them.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Atkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Stuart R Atkin
Dr. Atkin attended Medical School ST GEORGE'S UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, ST GEORGE'S, GRENADA (1990). He completed his Graduate Medical Education UNIV OF AR COLL OF MED in 1996 in ANESTHESIOLOGY; ST MARY'S HOSP in 1992 in GENERAL SURGERY and EPISCOPAL HOSP (TUHS) in 1991 for GENERAL SURGERY. He is Board-certified in Anesthesiology by the *AM BRD OF ANESTHESIOLOGY Current expiration date not available.
Locations & DirectionsSTUART ROY ATKIN MD, 50 Franklin Ln, Englishtown, NJ
Dr. Stuart R Atkin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Englishtown, NJ.