- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stuart S Barish MD
Dr. Stuart S Barish has 2 locations
1088 W Baltimore Pike Ste 2407
Media, PA 19063
Dr. Stuart S Barish has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stuart S Barish has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Stuart S Barish is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart S Barish - Posted on November 13th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart S Barish - Posted on August 2nd, 2018
Dr. Barish is very professional and one of the top doctors in his field. He is very caring and has an attention to detail that cannot be matched. Beyond helping you he is truly invested in his patients. Finding such a diligent and caring doctor was refreshing, and I would highly recommend him!
Dr. Stuart Barish is the Best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart S Barish - Posted on October 4th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart S Barish - Posted on May 12th, 2016
Cant quite connect the dots
Self-verified patient of Dr. Stuart S Barish - Posted on December 11th, 2013
Presented with symptoms which may have indicated gluten intolerance. Doctor was kind and attentive and listened. He performed a colonoscopy which was negative for gluten like damage. He prescribed a follow up colonoscopy yet did little other than recommend another procedure. If the first procedure did not get to the bottom of why I was suffering as I was, how could a second one. Beyond the recommendation of another procedure this physician apparently felt no responsibility to answer the question WHY his patient was in discomfort and so symptomatic. Only after going to four other physicians were we able to establish blood, kidney, pulmonary, and brain damage from mercury poisoning. All the symptoms were there...Dr. Barish just could not get beyond the specialists blinders to help me connect the dots.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
30 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Stuart S Barish Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Stuart S Barish
Dr. Barish received a Bachelor of Science from the University of Michigan with distinction in 1985. He graduated from Hahnemann University Medical School in Philadelphia in 1989 and completed his Internal Medicine Residency at Hahnemann University Hospital in 1992. Dr. Barish completed a three year Fellowship in Gastroenterology at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit in 1995.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stuart S Barish, MD - Gastroenterology in Media, PA, in this video.
Dr. Stuart S Barish is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Media, PA.