Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Stuart S Barish
Dr. Stuart S Barish, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Media, PA, with another office in Havertown, PA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Barish is affiliated with Riddle Hospital. Dr. Barish has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stuart S Barish has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Stuart S Barish has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Stuart S Barish has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Stuart S Barish is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Presented with symptoms which may have indicated gluten intolerance. Doctor was kind and attentive and listened. He performed a colonoscopy which was negative for gluten like damage. He prescribed a follow up colonoscopy yet did little other than recommend another procedure. If the first procedure did not get to the bottom of why I was suffering as I was, how could a second one. Beyond the recommendation of another procedure this physician apparently felt no responsibility to answer the question WHY his patient was in discomfort and so symptomatic. Only after going to four other physicians were we able to establish blood, kidney, pulmonary, and brain damage from mercury poisoning. All the symptoms were there...Dr. Barish just could not get beyond the specialists blinders to help me connect the dots.
First time I saw Dr. Barish, I felt like I had known him for 10 years. Very easy to talk to and took the time to listen to everything I had to say. He showed GENUINE concern and carefully discussed multiple treatment options while answering all my questions in detail and in language I could easily understand. Every subsequent visit has been the same. He is honest, straight forward and a no nonsense physician. I wish more would be as easy to work with as him.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Barish is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Stuart S Barish accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stuart S Barish, MD - Gastroenterology in Media, PA, in this video.
Dr. Stuart S Barish is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Media, PA.