Stuart Brink, M.D. Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Stuart Brink, M.D.?

Long overdue......

Posted on July 6th, 2017

This guy misdiognosed my brother back in 1992 and he nearly died of Hydrolic Uremic Syndrome at the age of 11. Despite my parents' pleas to have him transferred Children's hospital where he could receive better care this fool kept insisting my brother was "his patient." When my brother was finally transferred to Children's they said he came thisclose to dying. I shutter to know this guy is still practicing. We started seeing Mr. Brink (i cannot fathom addressing this man as "Dr.") when my brother was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at the age of 6 in 1987 until the aforementioned incident. Office visits consisted of condescending lectures as other reviewers have noted. Thank you Mr. Brink for ruining six years of my childhood.

He saved my life

Posted on October 9th, 2016

He is brilliant not only at his job/knowledge but also how he treats his patients with compassion and understanding. Because of him, I am alive today, having lived with diabetes for 40 years. He is the reason I have perfect eyes and kidneys decades later. You are one lucky person if he is your physician. I will never forget all he has taught me nor will I ever forget his kindness and patience when I was a terrified child.

Bad Experience

Posted on April 8th, 2015

Rude. Dishonest. Going there was a detrimental experience for me.

Never met another doctor more knowledgeable!

Posted on April 30th, 2012

I began seeing Dr. Brink when I was 12 yrs old at Joslin Clinic. He was the ONLY doc who took the time to listen and talk with me regarding my diabetes health. He took the time with me as well as my parents. The other docs did not listen to my concerns. When I was older and no longer needed a pediatrician, I searched for a couple years to find someone who could do the same; never did. Found Dr. Brink again and have been seeing him through 2 pregnancies and any other problem thrown my way! I am now 48 years old and continue to see him and his nurse educator, who is also great and answers calls any time of day or night. He is tough, he makes you think and learn and know about your disease, because you have to. And he is caring and takes as much time as needed to go over emotional and medical health every time I see him. I am thankful for him. I am a healthy and knowledgeable adult because of him.

Condescending toward teenagers

Posted on February 4th, 2012

Dr. Brink was wonderful when type 1 was first diagnosed in 10 yr. old. As time went on, he saw him less and less and a nurse more and more. As teen years began, it seemed he was traveling worldwide to give seminars etc. Combined with nurse taking leave, there was no continuity. The main reason for us moving on though was the way he dealt with teen who had lapses in BG control. At first we attritubed it to a "tough love" approach but each visit thereafter seemed to show less empathy, and more sarcasm, arrogance, and apathy. That approach might be appropriate for an adult not a 14 year old. How about other resources, encouragement, ideas? None of this review is meant to shift responsibility from us or our teen, but we were hoping that his Dr. would consider the very difficult teen years as a priority in terms of time and effort but sadly, his practice seems less important than his worldwide reputation and desire to travel.

Posted on June 29th, 2011

I began seeing him about a thyroid problem as a young teenager and have continued for decades since. My thyroid has been well-controlled under his care. He also spotted several other medical issues that others missed. From my first visit, he saw through my teenage power struggles with my parents and, to my dismay (then), guided them on how to avoid letting my medical treatment be impacted by them. His candid and caring approach has definitely helped me over the years.

Outstanding with 11-year-old girl

Posted on November 13th, 2010

We saw Dr. Brink for early onset of puberty and concern about our daughter's height. This was our first time meeting him. In contrast to other reviewers' experiences, we found his bedside manner to be outstanding. He spoke to her in a friendly and knowledgeable way, was very clear in describing the issues, and left us feeling reassured and informed. We would definitely choose to see him again.

Fantastic doctor

Posted on April 13th, 2010

Saved my child's life. Knew the diagnosis. Confirmed it and kept him out of hospital. Taught me extremely well and helped me understand what was going on. Kept me and family informed and keeps letting us know new developments. Impressed with his frequent international travel to teach others in Russia and Africa and Latin America. Spend as much time with me whenever it is needed. Would never go to any other ped endo for diabetes care.

A real jerk

Posted on December 6th, 2009

My son went to Dr. Brink several years ago because of precocious puberty. Dr. Brink was rude and obnoxious to him, and to me, and lectured my son on how being short was going to hold him back from lots of things in life, people would vierw him as stupid and inept, et. Very mean and unnecessary. One of the main problems with precocious puberty is that a child ends up being a very short adult! Stay far away. He's got serious issues.

Not for older children/teenagers

Posted on November 10th, 2009

Had no clue how to speak with a teenager. It was a very embarrassing experience for my son and myself to sit through this office visit. He had no clue we were both so uncomfortable with his bedside manner (I was crying by the end and my son ran out the office) Never received the information I came for beacuse we could not wait to get out of there.

Stay Away