Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Stuart A Dickerman
Dr. Stuart A Dickerman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with another office in New York, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dickerman is affiliated with Rusk Rehabilitation at Hospital for Joint Diseases, Bellevue Hospital Center and VA NY Harbor Healthcare System. Dr. Dickerman has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Stuart A Dickerman has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Excellent experience. Response to a phone call was immediate. Very impressed with bedside manner. Staff was accommodating.
I agree with the comments here that Dr. Dickerman is as good as they come. His receptionist, however, is cranky and verges on verbally abusive. My company recently changed insurance carriers and she proceeded to berate me about the new company...like I had any decision in the matter! Even though I think Dr. Dickerman is a fine doctor, I've given thought to changing because of his receptionist.
Hello! Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry you had a poor experience with my former secretary. She has since retired, and has been replaced with a new assistant. I hope this will ease your worries about returning to the office.
When I had my heart attack in 2002, Dr. Dickerman was selected to be my cardiologist. From the time he took me under his care, he showed genuine compassion, caring, and expertise in his field. I recovered quickly under his care. He calls me back immediately if there's a problem and always gives me the best advice. His secretary Sylvia is an experienced health care person who know what she's doing and always tries to help. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Dr. Dickerman to any heart patient that needs the best!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2012, 2008, 2011, 2014, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dickerman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
New York University
Dr. Stuart A Dickerman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stuart A Dickerman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.