Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stuart Kendall has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Kendall was the physician on call at Marthas Vineyard Hospital the night my 17 year old daughter was admitted for acute abdominal pain two weeks following a diagnosis of Crohn's disease. After several hours of ordering pain medicine via telephone for my 89 pound daughter, i insisted that he come in to evaluate her. He arrived at approximately 3 a.m. and told us that "this is Crohn's disease". When i requested she be med flighted off island, his response was that only emergencies are med flighted off. I offered to pay but he told me to wait until morning and the day doctor will deal with it. He offered to do a CT scan "to make me feel better". Unfortunately, the CT scan showed a perforated bowel and ruptured appendix and the day doctor immediately had my daughter flown to Boston where an operating crew was waiting for her. The result was a very sick 17 year old with an ileostomy. Precious hours were wasted when she could have been properly diagnosed and transported prior to perforating. My hope is that he learned from his grave mistake and will now take time to listen and properly evaluate the clinical symptoms of his patients
Dr. Kendall is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Martha's Vineyard Hospital
43 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Stuart Kendall accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMARTHAS VINEYARD HOSPITAL, 1 Hospital Rd, Oak Bluffs, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Stuart Kendall in this video.
Dr. Stuart Kendall is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Bluffs, MA.