Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stuart C King has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Fractures
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have been Dr. King's patient for over 3 years. I have a host of orthopedic and nerve related problems which he has helped me with. He has a very comprehensive approach, great diagnostic skills and strategies for managing my pain. He does advanced procedures not done elsewhere. He has never implied that my pain was a psych issue although he is sensitive to the challenges of coping with chronic pain. Dr King does run late but he is super busy. Sometimes he seems frazzled and his bedside manner can sometimes be a bit off. I find it helps to be organized in knowing what you want to address in the visit. Over time I have found him a very invested doctor in patient care, he has an empathetic attitude and seems to be a very kind man. I love that he takes a comprehensive approach to patient care and takes into account other health issues I have. I would recommend him highly and just advise others to be patient with him the beginning. One more thing, his staff for the most part are very nice and helpful
23 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Dr. Stuart C King accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristie Clinic Ambulatory Surgery Center, 101 W University Ave, Champaign, IL
Dr. Stuart C King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Champaign, IL.