Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Stuart R Lacey has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My daughter had an epigastric hernia repair done by Dr. Stuart Lacey. Having recently moved the Phoenix area, I was so lucky that both friends and my daughters pediatrician recommended Dr. Lacey. From diagnosis through the actual surgery and her post-operative visits, Dr. Lacey was knowledgeable, patient and very thorough. He not only took the time to explain everything to me in laymans terms but he took the time to talk to my daughter, making her more comfortable with what could have been a very scary experience. I highly recommend Dr. Lacey and his team we were so confident before, during and after treatment and take comfort knowing that should we ever need a pediatric surgeon that Dr. Lacey is there. What a gem and a real asset to the Phoenix medical community.
Office staff was great, very easy and prompt process. Met with Dr. Lacey's med student first, GREAT bedside manner and took time to listen and examine...then Dr. Lacey came in---didn't shake my hand, just went over to my daughter and said "where's the bump"? Examined her for a total of 5 seconds and said "its nothing". Thats it!!!! Our pcp referred my daughter because he was concerned and wanted to see if the lipomas needed removal. This doctor, in my opinion, was a total waste of time.
38 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of New Mexico Health Sciences
Dr. Stuart R Lacey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Stuart R Lacey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.