Dr. Stuart Mushlin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Stuart Mushlin?

Best Doctor I ever had

Posted on August 16th, 2013

Compassionate, smart, great sense of humor. Every referral he made was top notch - a reflection of his knowledge of the Brigham system and the deep bench of the hospital. I am so fortunate to have him as a doctor.

Posted on September 2nd, 2012

I miss the old office in the PBBH Bldg. Dr. Mushlin did see you first in the office and then in the exam room and sometimes after the exam. Staff seemed to be more friendly, etc. Now it is the typical clinic type setting where the doctor sees you in the exam room first. This gives the impression that the doctor is in a hurry (and I suspect this is so true). Gone are the days when a doctor really gives you a great deal of time. Regulated by what insurance wants in regard to time and questions from patients. It's a shame that insurance companies rule the roost.This is the common scenario and this causes a deficit in the doctor/patient relationship. I strongly feel that when you are first seen, it should not be with a "johnny on" sitting on the exam table.

Posted on July 29th, 2011

this is a very interesting doctor. he was recommended to me and I find it very easy to talk to him. His staff is efficient and courteous. This has been a totally different experience from my previous MD office(noisy, MD late, MD often angry in general). But like many, inertia prevented me from leaving.

Posted on June 27th, 2011

He diagnosed me quickly in the emergency room and assured I was admitted promptly. My previous MD never ever saw me in the emergency room. He saw me in the hospital all 3 days and did some teaching with the young doctors. He is a very good doctor. What I was looking for

Posted on January 31st, 2011

Overall, Dr. Mushlin is a great listener, diagnostician and caring healer. He is available to his patients conveniently in person, by phone and via email. He has access to the best medical resources and referral sources throughout the country. I would not recommend starting a new relationship with Dr. Mushlin if you prefer to have the same doc over the next 5 years as he is probably nearing retirement or entering a different phase of his medical career. Since the practice has moved to their new offices across the street, there is more of an assembly line approach to patient care. I miss the old office where we started our visit fully clothed and chatted for a while before changing into a gown for the exam portion of the visit. There was more warmth and a nice intimacy in the old crowded office! Oh well. Things change.The new modern swanky office is cold appearing and the staff seem to be influenced by this as they are no longer friendly and seem stressed out. Also, patients are prescreened by a nurse and this requires us to repeat all our concerns. I know this sounds like every other doctor's office, but as I mentioned, Dr. Mushlin had something really special going on before the practice moved. Bottom line, he is a great doctor and I am fortunate to have him as my PCP :-) I am optimistic that the office management issues will be resolved over time.

Posted on November 6th, 2010

A superb diagnostian, very caring manner, direct, thorough but often very quick in replying because of huge knowledge base. Has been great at follow up even making himself available by email. Came down to emergency room to check me when i came in after a stroke complaining of leg pain. I wish he could be cloned.

LizZ

Posted on November 1st, 2010

If he can't diagnose you, you may be labled with "Somatization disorder"or that it's in your head. This is disappointing as many of us hold MDs in high esteem and don't expect this.

Posted on September 15th, 2010

This doctor is always on time! he comes out to greet me and is never late, and I've been a patient for 10 years. He is caring and a very good diagnostician. I know he is well respected by his peers as whenever he sends me to a specialist, they say I have a good doctor.

Posted on July 25th, 2009

Dr. Mushlin is a caring and thorough doctor. I appreciate the top notch referals he has given when necessary! He is so busy it is difficult to be seen,at times. Wish it were easier to get check-up appointments. It's a two year wait unless you have a medical issue.

Posted on February 7th, 2009

very difficult to get into the practice as I believe he mostly treats Harvard faculty

Posted on March 7th, 2017