Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Subhendu Narayan
Dr. Subhendu Narayan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alameda, CA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Narayan is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Narayan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Subhendu Narayan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Subhendu Narayan has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Subhendu Narayan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Subhendu Narayan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Narayan and his staff have a very nice facility, but have some serious problems regarding their professionalism. Every time I have gone to him I have paid up front what was owed, and yet received another bill a few weeks later. Every time I have called and it was a "mistake" on their side. This has happened 3 or 4 times now. Further, I was being prescribed a medication by him that ran out. I ordered a refill and it has been almost 3 weeks with no response, no refill, nobody even answering their phone. I actually had to go pay to see an entirely different doctor to get this medication in any sort of timely fashion. This would not be my top choice if I could do it all over again, and I would not recommend him to others.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Narayan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Ucsf Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTaryn Margaret Kreipe Dc, 2363 Mariner Square Dr Ste 155, Alameda, CA
Dr. Subhendu Narayan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alameda, CA.