Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sudarshan Singal
Dr. Sudarshan Singal, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Singal is affiliated with Henry Ford Hospital, Sinai-Grace Hospital and Hutzel Women's Hospital. Dr. Singal has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Sudarshan Singal has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sudarshan Singal has the following 8 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Sudarshan Singal has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Sudarshan Singal is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
HI, my mother has seen Doctor Singal twice, the first time he was great, this last time he was horrid. He was rude and did not look at my mother while she was talking to him, disrespect. He was not listening to her, and her questions. I feel if you are a DOCTOR, have the bedside manners and empathy people need. My mother confused and scared about her Fatty Liver issue... DISSAPOINTED.. Not a way to treat a patient , much less a person.
He seemed more intent on getting you through the appointment as fast as possible without being bothered to take the time for any questions . He gave me a box of medicine(without telling me ANYTHING about the medicine), as it turns out the medicine has severe side effects and is generally panned on several online sites. I left the appointment very disappointed and even more perplexed about my condition.Definitely not the quality of care that I've come to expect from a doctor associated with Henry Ford Hospital. I have a return appointment in two weeks that I'll probably cancel as I plan on checking out somebody more forthcoming and informative.
I met with this doctor a few weeks ago. There is no doubt that his office staff is wonderful and efficient. However, Dr. Singal, during my two visits, possessed minimal interpersonal skills and bedside manner. I am a reasonable person, not prone to complain, but I found him lacking in communication/personal skills.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Singal is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Ford Hospital
Hutzel Women's Hospital
Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Harper University Hospital
Oakwood Southshore Medical Center
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
Henry Ford Medical Center at Maplegrove
Wyandotte General Hospital
Harper University Hospital & Hutzel Women's Hospit
Wyandotte Hospital Henry Ford
Dr. Sudarshan Singal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions4160 John R St, Detroit, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sudarshan Singal in this video.
Dr. Sudarshan Singal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.