Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sudha A Govindarajan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 11
**Only positive about this place is the reception and medical assistant staff is very nice** Dr. Sudha is the rudest most unprofessional doctor I have ever seen. She berated her staff in front of me at least two times during my appointment. She never took my medical history and instead took the history of my entire family instead. When I started to try and explain some of my current medications instead of asking why I was taking them she said, "Oh no those are too many medications, you're on too much". I tried to explain to her that they were not all every day medications and that some I took on an as needed basis, at one point she said "Oh what is this as needed that's ridiculous". I'm sorry but I am in the medical field and I know exactly what medications I take, why I take them, and how often I take them, she only knew me for 5 minutes and she didn't even know my medical history. When I was then taken to another room and told to strip and don a gown, I asked what it was for and I was told I needed a procedure. I'm not sure how this doctor's office runs things but I like to be told what I need done before hand so that I have the option to consent. When I expressed my feelings of "being caught off guard", Dr. Sudha proceeded to bring her reception staff into the room (while I was naked in gown!) and started to raise her voice and yell at me. She told me, "What did you expect was going to happen, you should be so lucky I'm willing to perform this procedure, I don't "get high off" this procedure, all new patients need a complete physical". I tried to remain calm and explain that I know I need the procedure however, I would like to be given some notice ahead of time. I was visibly upset and crying at this point and asked for my fiance to be present during the exam, which I was still willing to go through, and she told me "NO, I don't even allow husbands", I'm sorry but I am the patient and I should get to decide who or who isn't in my exam room. After deciding to not go through with the procedure she then took me into another room and attempted to finish my general exam and chart. It was at this point that she told me "I think you need to see a shrink". As someone who works in the medical field I found this comment completely unprofessional. I should have walked out of this office multiple times during the visit, and I will most definitely not be going back. Dr. Sudha is the rudest and most surly unprofessional doctor I have ever encountered.
I went in to have my knees check out, as they had some swelling and pain after recovering from the flu. The doctor did nothing to check my knees and had me take a series of tests. Initially, I did not object to her inquiries, but then based on a random oral memory test, she prescribed me medication that is given to alzheimer's and dementia patients. How do I know this, I just so happen to ask my general practice doctor and he thought she is nuts for giving me such medication. I generally do not have any health related issues. I take good care of myself and as I said, I just went to see her, on the recommendation of a friend, so that she could address my knee pain. My doctor was away from town and I thought of giving her a chance. There is no way I would ever go back to her and I would not ever wish even my enemies to see her. She is an arrogant, narcissistic doctor. She behaved quite rudely with me. When I objected to the memory medication, she became quite belligerent with me and told me that she was my doctor and had the right to tell me what to do.
I waited two hours to be seen by this doctor and I think that is just ridiculous to be seen when there was nobody in the waiting room and they said they were busy and giving me excuses. I would not recommend this doctor because she is slow. And it took me forever so I could do any of the things I plan to do after because I was there at 2:45 and then took me till five and I wasn't even seen by the doctor I waited two hours for nothing.
43 Years Experience
Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1975
Michigan State University
Dr. Sudha A Govindarajan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSudha Govindarajan Md Inc, 101 E Beverly Blvd Ste 302, Montebello, CA
Dr. Sudha A Govindarajan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Montebello, CA.