Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sudha Shah
Dr. Sudha Shah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Shah is affiliated with Saint Francis Hospital Of Evanston, Saint Anthony Hospital and Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sudha Shah has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Sudha Shah has the following 3 expertise
- Nutritional Support
Dr. Sudha Shah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
Dr Shah has been treating my son since he was a toddler. She has great bedside manner, loves kids, takes time with her patients, and is always willing to squeeze you in last minute. The bad side of that is that the waiting room is always packed and you often wait close to an hour to see the doctor, even with an appointment made weeks in advance. Also, the office is old and run down. It just looks kind of broke-down in there. The office staff could use some lessons in polite behavior, but even with these setbacks, Dr. Shah is so great that I would not even think of going someplace else. My son loves her. She goes out of her way to follow up, calling you at home on the weekends or evenings if need be. Great doc... shabby office.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Francis Hospital Of Evanston
Saint Anthony Hospital
Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Saint Joseph Hospital, Resurrection Hlth Cr
38 Years Experience
Grant Medical College
Graduated in 1975
Metrocare Services-Child & Adolescent
Dr. Sudha Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions1516 W Devon Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Sudha Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.