Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sudhakar Tumuluri
Dr. Sudhakar Tumuluri, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redwood City, CA, with another office in Los Gatos, CA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Tumuluri is affiliated with El Camino Hospital. Dr. Tumuluri has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Sudhakar Tumuluri has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sudhakar Tumuluri has the following 9 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Densitometry
Dr. Sudhakar Tumuluri is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Guys- He is the Best! he has controlled my RA in just 6 months time frame. His approach to my queries is phenomenal. Always there whenever needed. He has reset his appointments whenever i needed appointments on short notices. In short, I believe him 100% and follow him religiously. I have seen the results and i am sure his treatments will turn me around. I would also like to add about his staff members, they are Amazing. They like talking to people. I would say that one of the best office staff i have seen around in Bay Area. Good Luck folks!
If you really want to know what is wrong with you you MUST use doctor Turmuluri. He is young yes but! he is caring and will go the extra miles for you all the way all the time!! You MUST use this doctor - he is excellent at what he does! the staff is great as well, Shari and the assistances are all very nice!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Tumuluri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Hospital Health System
Dr. Sudhakar Tumuluri accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Sudhakar Tumuluri is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.