Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sudhir S Athni has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I feel cared for and he has tackled my diagnosis aggressively. I feel safe knowing he is my physician.
Best neurologist ever!! Fantastic patient care and great staff too! I highly recommend this doctor to anyone suffering with MS! Dr. Athni is so knowledgeable regarding the latest in MS treatments, including the use of non-prescription supplements to aid in fighting this disease. He has really helped me to move from a life of unrelenting pain and frequent falls to one where I feel really good most days--a genuine life-saver!
Dr. Sudhir Athni is excellent physician; he goes beyond his way to help me and my family. He always treats me with the best of care. He is very genuine, straightforward, and explains things like no other doctor! I will absolutely refer Dr. Athni to all those who have need of a neurological doctor. His office staff is very friendly; always very hopeful, understanding and willing to work with me and my schedule. His office is well organized, not overbooked; I never have to wait more then 5-10 minutes to see him. I feel very lucky to know that Dr. Athni and his staff are there to help me in need of medical services.
Dr. Athni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Sudhir S Athni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNeurology Of Central Ga, 175 Water Tower Ct, Macon, GA
Dr. Sudhir S Athni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macon, GA.