Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sue Hott
Dr. Sue Hott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with other offices in Seattle, WA and Edmonds, WA (and 4 other locations). She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Hott is affiliated with Seattle Children's Hospital, Swedish Medical Center - Ballard and Swedish Edmonds Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Sue Hott has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
My son saw Dr. Hott up until he turned 9 months old, at that point we opted to switch doctors. She seemed okay during his 4 month visit. Not very friendly, but that was okay. She seemed wonderful during his 6 month visit. Very friendly and on the same page as us about feeding solids (waiting until 6 months, no rice cereal, only fruits and veggies to start, etc..). At his 9 month visit I quickly learned she is not the pediatrician for us. She told us we should only be nursing him 4 times per day. This is a huge deal breaker and we immediately switched to another doctor in the same practice as his primary care doctor.
Dr. Hott is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Seattle Children's Hospital
Swedish Medical Center - Ballard
Swedish Edmonds Hospital
Harborview Medical Center
Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Swedish Hospital and Medical Center
Swedish Hospital First Hill Campus
34 Years Experience
Stony Brook University
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Sue Hott accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Sue Hott in this video.
Dr. Sue Hott is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.