Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Suganthini Natesan
Dr. Suganthini Natesan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with other offices in Southgate, MI and Farmington, MI . She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Natesan is affiliated with John D Dingell VA Medical Center, Sinai-Grace Hospital and DMC Surgery Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Suganthini Natesan has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Suganthini Natesan has the following 7 expertise
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Dr. Natesan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
John D Dingell VA Medical Center
DMC Surgery Hospital
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Oakland Center)
Crittenton Hospital Medical Center
Harper University Hospital
Oakwood Southshore Medical Center
Providence Park Hospital
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Garden City Hospital
St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Detroit Receiving - UHC
Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
21 Years Experience
Madras Medical College
Graduated in 1992
St Joseph Mercy - Oakland
Dr. Suganthini Natesan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Suganthini Natesan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.