Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Suhail Y Dohad has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Suhail Y Dohad has the following 14 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Suhail Y Dohad has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
He is the best . He is open, listens, cares, and shows up by your bedside without my even knowing he knew I was in the hospital for something else. I went through 3 cardiologist before Dr. Dohad. I had irregular heart beats and everyone said my heart was fine. I asked for an event monitor from the others and they said it would be negative and did not prescribe it. I was extremely upset as my heart was flopping all over the place. I found Dr. Dohad, told him my story and after examining me he prescribed an event monitor without any problem. On the second night, and every day thereafter the monitor showed I had A-Fib. This was 2004. I can only tell you I trust him with my life. He has been my Doctor for 12 years now.
Dohad did 2 heart catherizations on me that I didn't need @ $50k each. No follow up. 16 months after my prceedure I called for an appointment but they would not schedule one because, do to the economy, I couldn't afford to pay my insurance deductable for the 2 unneeded proceedures. This is the problem with our health care system. Doctors are more Bernie Madoff than Marcus Welby. And I have insurance! Plus... he wouldn't know me if he saw me on the street.
Dr Dohad a young man in his eraly 40s is as seasoned as a veteran of 20 years in the business. His approach is very aggressive and ensures that his aptients understand the basics of their cardiac ailment. He has given me confidence to fight my cardiac problem with his caring treatment and given me more to look forward in life
27 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Suhail Y Dohad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Suhail Y Dohad in this video.
Dr. Suhail Y Dohad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.