Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Suhasini S Mistry has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Suhasini S Mistry has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Suhasini S Mistry has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Mistry refuses to listen to her patients or their family. She holds patients for no reason, will discuss patients information without regard for privacy and is very disrespectful to the situation at hand. I was mortified at the treatment I received from her while a patient at St. Mary's and was encouraged by a nurse to leave the hospital against medical advice so that I could get help from another doctor.
I was a patient of Dr. Mistry's at St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia. She was one of the worst MD's from whom I have ever received treatment. She blantantly violated MI Mental Health Code and HIIPA law. I intend to report her to the MI Dept. of Licensing and the Office of Civil Rights (U.S. Health and Human Services).
Detroit Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Suhasini S Mistry accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsLincoln Behavioral Services, 9315 Telegraph Rd, Redford, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Suhasini S Mistry in this video.
Dr. Suhasini S Mistry is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redford, MI.